Language Analyst Reporter 2
posted 3 months ago
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 045811070923
Date Posted: September 6, 2023
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI – CI poly
Shift: Most work is a normal Day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- The Language Analyst Reporter 2 performs tasks required to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- The Level 2 Language Analyst Reporter shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Drafting reports for dissemination
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- Translating and/or transcribing complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Compiling and integrating information
- Drafting reports using appropriate formats for dissemination
- Languages: Chinese – Mandarin
- Associate of Arts (AA)/Associate of Science (AS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume
- Equivalent of six (6) years full-time experience performing cryptologic language processing in the required language and drafting intelligence
- In lieu of the Associate’s Degree, an additional two (2) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of eight
- (8) years’ experience.
- For at least thirty (30) months of the six (6) years’ experience, translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary
- For at least thirty (30) months of the six (6) years ‘ experience, reporting shall be an integral
- Two (2) of the six (6) years’ experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission .
- One (1) year experience typing on an English
- Acceptable Experience for Language Analyst Reporter Skill Level 2:
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; gisting, translating and transcribing; and compiling and updating operational working aids and
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable reporting experience: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; and producing reports using appropriate formats for
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.