CATIII Russian Linguist
posted 2 months ago
Job Location: Jacksonville, North Carolina
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 0265070123
Date Posted: January 23, 2023
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI – CI poly
Shift: Most work is normal day-shift hours. Some work may require personnel to surge to shift work, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- CAT III Linguists shall provide interpretation and translation services needed to support high priority tasks supporting real world operations.
- Linguists will be required to transcribe and/or translate source material, both printed and audio; provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material.
- Must be a US Citizen, Native proficiency required.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of interpretation/translation.
- Computer skills of Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Interagency Language Round Table (ILR) level 3 in both Target Language and English.
- Able to under the essential of all speech in a standard dialect and to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
- Able to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
- Able to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to target language and vice versa.
- Able to accurately provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations and interpretations and provide advice on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
- Able to accurately perform document exploitation (scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for intelligence information and identify/extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria.
- Able to conduct consecutive and accurate translations, transcription and interpretations of on-going conversations and activities and intelligence activities to and from target language.
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
None of the job listings above interest you?
Submit your resume here, without applying to a position.
Szanca Solutions is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Szanca provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us.