Database Administrator DBA2
posted 2 months ago
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 21100070922
Date Posted: September 27, 2022
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: Top Secret – FS poly
Shift: Most work is a normal day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s).
- Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database.
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
- Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.