Operational Language Analyst 2
posted 2 weeks ago
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 0425070822
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI – CI poly
Shift: Most work is a normal Day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- The Operational Language Analyst 2 performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- The Level 2 Operational Language Analyst shall demonstrate the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- Translating and/or transcribing complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Languages: Chinese – Cantonese, Chinese – Mandarin, Farsi, Hindi, Russian, Somali or Tigrinya, and Ukrainian
- Associate of Arts (AA)/Associate of Science (AS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of four (4) years full-time experience in Cryptologic Operations performing language processing in the required language(s).
- In lieu of the Associate’s Degree, an additional two (2) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted.
- For at least two (2) of the four (4) years’ experience, translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary duties.
- For no more than one (1) year of the required four (4) years, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- Two (2) of the four (4) years’ experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard
- Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst Skill Level 2:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower level tasks and the following task constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: drafting intelligence reports.
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Szanca Solutions is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Szanca provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us.