Operational Language Analyst 4
posted 3 weeks ago
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 0427070922
Date Posted: September 9, 2022
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI – CI poly
Shift: Most work is a normal Day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- The Operational Language Analyst 4 performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- The Level 4 Operational Language Analyst shall demonstrate the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- Translating and/or transcribing complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Transcribing complex and sophisticated spoken material and translating complex and sophisticated written material
- Languages: Chinese – Mandarin and Korean
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in both Audio Translation Performance and Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of fifteen (15) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the Bachelor’ s Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of nineteen (19) years’ experience.
- At least eight (8) of the fifteen (15) years’ experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- At least eight (8) of the fifteen (15) years’ experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least six (6) of the eight (8) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least five (5) of the eight (8) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of both audio translations and text translations at the ILR level 3.
- For no more than seven (7) of the required fifteen (15) years’ experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- One (1) of the eight (8) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
- Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst Skill Level 4:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations, and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; drafting intelligence reports; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Szanca Solutions is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Szanca provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us.