Language Analyst Reporter 3
posted 2 weeks ago
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Position Identifier: 0460070822
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Minimum U.S. Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI – CI poly
Shift: Most work is a normal Day shift. Some work may require personnel to work shifts, irregular hours, extended hours, on-call, weekends and more than forty hours per week as dictated by world events.
Travel: May require travel on an as needed basis to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations.
- The Language Analyst Reporter 3 performs tasks required to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- The Level 3 Language Analyst Reporter shall demonstrate the skills of the lower levels plus the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Drafting reports for dissemination
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- Translating and/or transcribing complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Compiling and integrating information
- Drafting reports using appropriate formats for dissemination
- Scanning and sorting /categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Conducting target research and analysis
- Producing reports using appropriate formats for dissemination
- Languages: Chinese – Mandarin
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume
- Equivalent of twelve (12) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of sixteen (16) years’
- At least eight (8) of the twelve (12) years ‘ experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing and intelligence reporting based on foreign language
- At least six (6) of the twelve (12) years’ experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in perfom1ing quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- For at least four (4) of the twelve (12) years’ experience , reporting shall be an integral
- One (1) of the six (6) years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume
- One (1) of the four (4) years’ experience in reporting shall be within five (5) years of resume submission.
- One (I) year experience typing on an English
- Acceptable Experience for Language Analyst Reporter Skill Level 3:
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; gisting, translating and transcribing; and compiling and updating operational working aids and databases; cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable experience in intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; analyzing collection-related information for tasking; producing and performing quality control of reports using appropriate formats for
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments .
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
Szanca Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, PA focused on providing quality services and solutions to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, and Intelligence Community.
Szanca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Szanca Solutions is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Szanca provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us.